Doula + Post Birth
Ayurvedic Doula Care
Doula is a Greek word meaning “woman’s helper”. The role of a doula is to provide complete support to the mother prior to the birth and during the entire labor and delivery. The doula makes sure all of the mother’s questions are answered, her birth plan is known by her medical team , and to keep her mind and body at ease as she prepares for labor. The new mother also has 24-hour support for the first three days after birth as well as an hour long follow-up once the baby is a week old.
The doula is also there to support the partner and family of the laboring mother. It is vital that the partner also have a chance to rest or take a break during the labor. This way, once the babe is born, both partners will feel refreshed and ready to take on parenthood.
As an Ayurvedic-based doula, my services include:
- Organic oils and essential oils to soothe the nervous system
- Marma point treatment (acupressure points) throughout the labor to keep energy flowing smoothly and to allow the body to relax on a deeper level
- Guided meditations with a focus on birth
- Energy work
- Appropriate herbs to increase energy while also allowing the body and mind to ease into the birth process
Post Birth Care
The common expression, ‘It takes a village’ proves to be most accurate for parents who have just welcomed in the birth of a new babe. Whether you are having your first child or third, the first few weeks after a baby is born is often when parents most benefit from the help of their ‘village.’ A newborn thrives on unconditional love and endless affection. To best meet the infant’s needs, it is essential the parents maintain their sense of wellbeing through daily selfcare practices.
By the family having a solid support team to turn to, day-to-day life can run more smoothly while overall daily happiness and the ability to stay present is greatly increased. For new parents, a freshly prepared nutritious meal and a few moments rest will leave parents feeling refreshed and ready to take on the gratifying moments and arising challenges of raising a newborn.
The following services are offered in the convenience of your home to ensure that the experience is only helpful and restorative, never stressful. By eliminating the need to load all of the baby’s necessities into the car and trying to work around an infant’s sleeping schedule, I am able to assist your family in receiving moments of peace and restorative relaxation so you are able to appreciate the blessing of these fleeting, precious moments.
Family Home Care services include but are not limited to:
- Seasonal nutritious meals cooked in your home or delivered to you
- Personalized yoga practice designed around the needs of the new parents
- Ayurvedic therapeutic bodywork with organic oils and warm sea stones
- Client wellness consultations to bring the body and mind back into balance
- Instruction on the methods and benefits of baby bodywork
- Family yoga practice
- Guided meditation and Pranayama (breath work) to simultaneously energize and ground you
- New parent free time- choose to rest or do as you please while I tend to the needs of the baby